Leo T. Blackwell has been a partner with Ruckelshaus, Kautzman, Blackwell, Bemis & Hasbrook since 1994.
Leo is a retired member of the Indianapolis Police Department and focuses much of his practice on representing public safety officers.
He is an Indiana Fraternal Order of Police Legal Defense Fund attorney and represents Indiana police officers from FOP Lodges across Indiana on administrative, criminal, and critical incident matters. He serves as General Counsel to the Indiana Fraternal Order of Police, the Professional Fire Fighters Union of Indiana and many local police and fire unions.
- Indiana University – Bloomington, B.S., Science, 1976
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., 1984
- State of Indiana, 1985
- United States District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 1985
- United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 1985
- Lifelong member of the Indiana State Fraternal Order of Police
- President of Fraternal Order of Police Lodge No. 86 (4 years)
- Professional Police Officers Credit Union, Member, Board of Directors
- Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Motorcycle Drill Team, Member, Board of Directors
- Indianapolis Bar Association