Andrew R. Duncan is a Partner with Ruckelshaus, Kautzman, Blackwell, Bemis & Hasbrook focusing his practice in the areas of civil and criminal litigation, personal injury, appellate practice, public safety disciplinary proceedings and public safety liability defense.
Along with RKBBH Partner, John F. Kautzman, Andrew has litigated several high profile cases for many clients in a variety of areas.
Andrew is a graduate of Class XII of the Indianapolis Bar Association Bar Leader Series and is a frequent speaker at seminars focusing on the response to critical incidents involving public safety members and legal issues commonly faced by public employees.
Andrew practices in the following areas: Administrative Law, Civil and Criminal Litigation, Collections, Disciplinary Hearings, Personal Injury, Police and Firefighter Representation, DUI Defense, and Epungements.
- Indiana University – Bloomington, B.S., Business, 2002
- Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., 2006
- State of Indiana, 2006
- United States District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2006
- United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2014
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation, Distinguished Fellow
- Indianapolis Bar Association Bar Leader Series, Graduate, Class XII
- National Fraternal Order of Police Legal Counselor’s Seminar, Presenter
- Garrity Rights and Related Topics: Cases and Strategies (2017)
- Ethics in Representation of Police Officers (2012)
- Department of Justice Investigations (2015)
- Law Enforcement Critical Incident Response, Hamilton County Drug Task Force, Fishers, Indiana, 2014
- Social Media and Public Employment, North Dakota Fire Chief’s Conference, Minot, North Dakota, 2014
- Police Liability in Indiana – Trial Tactics and Considerations from both the Plaintiff’s and Defendant’s Perspective, South Bend, Indiana, 2013
- Indiana State Fraternal Order of Police Conference, Annual Presenter, Clarksville, Indiana, 2013
- Indiana Association of Firefighters – Annual Conference, Bloomington, Indiana, 2013
- Social Media: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Anderson Indiana Firefighters, Anderson, Indiana, 2013
- Social Media and Public Employment, International Association of Firefighters – Labor Management Initiative, Phoenix Arizona, Presenter, 2013
- The Perils of Social Networking, Indiana Fraternal Order of Police State Conference, Clarksville, Indiana, 2011
- The Perils of Social Networking, Professional Firefighters Union of Indiana State Conference, Michigan City, Indiana, 2011